From:
"E.M. Ennis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:46:21 -0500
>Most pet stores don't sell kits right "off the truck".  They usually keep
>them in the back for at least a week before they are brought out for sale.
>This has been my experiance with small shops and large alike.  Either the
>shop in question was very irresponsible, or the clerk led you to think they
>just "came in" rather than just "came out".

Careful with your 'mosts.' None of the stores in this area impose any sort
of quarantine or holding period.  If you happened to be in the store when
the distributor showed up, you could probably pick right out of the crate
if you asked.  None of the stores in this area have the space required to
impose such quarantines (most are either small Mom&Pops or similar sized
small franchises, not like PetSmarts or PetCo.s).  In the case of the
ferret in question here, it was an off-the-truck purchase.

                                        -Erin...