From:
Jacquie Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:46:51 -0700
Both N-Bones and Foamy Fries are "safe" to give your ferrets in small
quantities.

Whenever you see "soy protein" in the list of ingredients, remember
that it is a vegetable protein, so your ferret, as a carnivore, gets no
nutrition from it; same with corn gluten and gelatin, no nutritive value.
As long as you keep these treat to a minimum and your ferret is still has
a good meat-based protein as the great majority of his intake, he should
do fine.  There is no blockage danger in either of these items because
they do dissolve when ingested in small amounts.

Hope that helps.  Looks like we need to add foamy fries to our list of
treats.  Thanks for the heads up.  The list is still being updated
constantly, so that will be included in it from here on.

Hope that answers your questions.

jacquie rodgers
(not a vet, just a concerned ferret mom working with a ferret
nutritionist for guidelines in classifying the treats)