From:
Chessum Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:55:33 +1200
Further to my message in yesterdays FML digest, can anyone in the US
point to any reputable and authoritative reports on the impact of banning
ferrets in California.  The sort of issues I am interested in, are whether
ferret breeding has been driven underground (and any consequences of
that), difficulties with obtaining veterinary assistance, problems faced
by the operaters of ferret shelters, the fate of ferrets picked up by
non-ferret animal welfare organisations etc.  Also any credible sources
for the number of domestic ferrets currently in California, and the
proportion of these that are desexed would be useful.

Regards

John Chessum
Legal Affairs Officer
New Zealand Ferret Protection and Welfare Society Incorporated