From:
Louise Ohman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 2009 07:50:43 -0500
>we will never forget the horror it put both human and our baby
>through..it's some of the worst memory I still have ingrained in
>my brain all these years later.."

I would have to disagree with this statement. When I had to put Dimples
to sleep last year, the only option that was humane was the heart
stick. After struggling the weekend to keep her fed and hydrated, she
was still dehydrated and rather than have them poke her numerous times
to find a vein, my vet suggested, and I agreed that the heart stick was
best. She did not suffer in any way, so I am not sure why you can't
forget the "horror it put both human and our baby through." I wonder
if your vet knew what he was doing, sometimes it is all in technique,
experience and compassion that make the difference in both humans and
animals. I was with Dimples the whole time and she went very
peacefully. I would do it again in a heartbeat and I have used both
methods and both are very peaceful.

Louise