From:
"fets.ferretpower" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 21:23:17 +0200
Hi all,

it's been awhile with the holidays and readjusting afterwards.  (the
holiday in Spain was nice, thank you :o) )

Thought I'd bring you some lighthearted news after doing some catching up
with some left mailings of the last few days.  All that bad news and
bitterness, phew..... Enough material there to get seriously depressed
about.

After loosing our oldest ferret, Gizmo, due to insulinoma at the end of May
our little family kept feeling kinda like short of 1 more family member.
Even before leaving for the holidays we contacted some people to get
another ferret.  Last saturday we went to choose one and since yesterday
we're the proud owners of a brandnew ferret.  (bring out the cigars!) An
8-week old male sable who seems to be constantly hungry like a horse.

His name will be Kahless as in "Kahless, the unforgetable".  "Trekkies"
amongst the people on this list will now who exactly I'm talking about.

Some strange reactions of the other two ferrets already residing.  Odo,
our albino, whom we expected to do some serious puppy-bashing exhibits a
mixture of total ignoration and some fear for the new one.  Neelix, our
otherwise very sweet and docile boy dragged the newbie from corner to
corner.  Bitter Apple didn't help.  What did help was rubbing some
ferretone on Kahless' neck.  At first Neelix had a look of disbelief on
his face.

Treats on feet???
After that he began kissing (licking) the ground Kahless walked on in pure
worship.  (not hard with all the ferretone dripping and rubbing off
Kahless' neck) The funny thing we see now is a miniature version of a
ferret immitating every gesture another ferret makes.  LOL

And now for something completely different.
Some advice to the people who feel constantly annoyed by certain messsages
here on the list (I really don't need to mention a name) Simply ignore the
nauseating messsages and don't react to them.  Your reactions are nothing
more but fuel to keep the fire burning....

Qapla'  (once again the Trekkies will understand)

stef