From:
MISS MEGAN J WISDOM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 09:22:02 -0500
>From:    Roberto <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: URGENT: Importation procedure
>I need to know what is necessary in order to import ferrets into the USA.

I brought my baby over from the UK and this is what I had to do: I phoned
the US Embassy and they sent me a form for the importation of a pet.  I had
to get her checked out by a local vet and get her a rabies shot (which was a
pain as they don't carry the vaccine in the office since they don't have
rabies in the UK).  The vet signed the US Govt form saying she was healthy
and that was all.  Then it depends on the airline you are flying and where
you are landing.  I found that British Airways was very expensive, Virgin
didn't take pets, so I went with Continental.  I landed in Newark airport
and they delivered her to the luggage collection area.  When I was to walk
out through customs I alerted an officer that I was bringing in a ferret and
he just rushed me through and didn't even look at her or the documentation.
Easy.

Megan
PS this was 4 years ago.