From:
In2Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:34:33 EST
Hello FMLers.  It's been a while since we posted.  We've been kind of
lurking and kind of busy.  But alas, we now find ourselves in need of the
"infinite wisdom" of the FML.

Case #1: Our friend, Sarah, is having trouble with a biter.  His name is
Mym.  He is a 14 week old cinnamon male, who was bought from a pet store.
He has no history of abuse (as far as we know).  At the store, he seemed to
be biting every customer, but seemed to like only Sarah (Sarah and Tara both
work at the same store).  Since bringing Mym home, Sarah has found that he
is biting more.  In our best estimation, he seems to be very skitish and a
"fear-biter", but he really doesn't have any reason to be scared.  He seems
to be scared even at the simple prospect of being picked up.  He is very
good with other ferrets (both hers and ours) and give kisses, but still
bites (HARD) on fingers and toes!!!  Any help that anyone could send about
dealing with this type of "biter" would be greatly appreciated.  You can
send the info here to us, and we'll pass it on to her.

Case #2: Tara was approached by a couple that was interested in angora
ferrets.  They wanted general info such as, temperment, availability, cost,
breeders, etc. . .  If anyone could help her with this information, she
would greatly appreciate it.

Since we've last posted, we have acquired quite a few new additions to the
"family".  They are all listed at the end of the post.  Thanks for you help
in advance.

Chris, Tara and the Fuzzbutts

Natasha, Boris, Misha, Ivan, Nikolai, G=FCnther, Gaela, Nietzsche, Sigmund,
Kaya, Katie, and Isabella.  That makes a dozen!!!  Yikes, HOLY FERRET MATH!!

Sarah Chester, Powder, Luna, Zane, Orb, Norton, and Mym (the biter)