From:
Angie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:12:21 EST
Not sure how many of u listen to ENIGMA, but I had one of my first to go
to RAINBOW BRIDGE speak to me thru one of their songs.......

We were adopted by Scooter Booter in Feb 04, picked up from the lb by our
rescue group, older around 6-8yo silver mitt w/a dark grey/black face,
blind, accepting of anyone or any fert, but not bonding w/anyone, just
smooth and laid back, and adrenal.  March 04 he had surg, i took off work
for 3 days just to baby him separate from the clan but he would have none
of that, back to the Clan he wanted.  2 mo later he was dancing more & a
thick coat made him more regal,and expanding bubble butt and middle made
him happy that he was warm & fed, i thought of him as the Chief of the
Clan, the wise one, i dont know what type of life he previously had w/his
home.  Dec 9 i noticed him frantically running around low to the ground,
and worriedly watched him retch & vomit one time, i gave him a bit of
carafate to settle his tummy and put him back in his cage so he wouldnt
continue to bump into things.  His cagemate Blackhook Pirate of the Pound
3yo wanted in with him so i let him in and he curled up around him, i
knew that was the way i would find them in the morning.

I checked on him twice in the nite and he raised his nauseated head to
hear who was speaking.  I woke to Hook still curled around his buddy
keeping his cold body warm.  He passed in the most heavenly place he
knew, in his buddy's arms.  This was my first baby to loose in 3yrs of
rescue, i have been lucky, and me and my oldest had a hard time, but we
were happy he was comfortable now.

I powerwalk 2 miles a day as exercise & stress reliever, that day i
walked to work out the tears, i listen to Enigma for pace.  A song came
on "The return of Inocence", it has an American Indian Chant in it and
the words of ....

That's not the beginning of the end
That's the return to yourself
The return to innocence.
Love - devotion
Feeling - emotion
Don't be afraid to be weak
Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart my friend
That will be the return to yourself
The return to innocence
If you want, then start to laugh
If you must, then start to cry
Be yourself don't hide
Just believe in destiny
That's not the beginning of the end
That's the return to yourself
The return to innocence

And with the chanting, i could see my Chief Scooter standing proudly on
his back legs, peace bonnet to his ankles, bolting out this Indian chant,
letting me know he has RETURNED TO INNOCENCE his destiny.

I know this was long guys but i had to share this......

Sandee or any of you wonderful greeters could you check on my Regal
Gentleman Chief Scooter & let him know mom heard his song and now sheds
tears of peace and happiness.

ANGIE & RONNY SMITH
FERRET LOVERS' CLUB OF  TEXAS
TEXASFERRET.ORG
STUDENT-VET TECH/NURSE
2009 GRADUATE-ASSC ANIMAL SCIENCE
3 BOYS (dont remember their names)
6 FERRETS,3 DOGS,2 DONKEYS,2  DOVE,
1 SPOILED HOUSE RABBIT.
Cheif SCOOTER - RAINBOW BRIDGE
TO YOU ITS AN ANIMAL, TO ME ITS MY CHILD THAT WALKS ON ALL 4'S, FURRY,
AND TALKS FUNNY.