From:
carolyn johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:03:21 -0500
When I opened my email after posting about Sara's passing, I was just
amazed at all those who cared.  I know I have posted quite a bit about
my miracle ferret, that lived so long after being diagnosed with
lymphosarcoma, but I guess I didnt realize that so many would write.

Thanks to all--many of whom I have never emailed to with the exception of
Troy Lynn who gave me advice and courage to keep my little one and only
girl going.  We kept giving her prednisone mixed with amoxil which made
it taste better and she always begged for it.  Then we would stop for a
month to give it a rest.  And then about three months before she passed,
we just decided with vet's advice just to let nature take its course.
The day before she became paralyzed, she was out of the cage constantly
trying to open the cabinets like she saw the healthy ferrets do--
sometimes she would with all her little strength manage to do it and was
so proud of herself to hop in a drawer that holds the potholders.  When
she became paralyzed in her hindquarters we knew it was time.  We took
turns holding her and talking to her and crying--even dh who says he
doesnt like ferrets.  Yeah right--I wasnt brave enough to go to the
vet.  He took her as he knew that it was her time and it would be best
for her to leave this pain-filled world and he held her while she passed.

Dh always says no more ferrets as we both cry so much when they leave.
We have four now but they are all so quiet as though they know someone
is missing even though she couldnt play with them.  She would always run
over to their cages and visit.

Again thanks to all for your sweet thoughts