From:
Sebastien Demers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:51:41 -0800
Hi, my name is Cynthia.  I'm new to the FML (4 days).  I have 3 fuzz-balls:
Yuki(3 yrs old female), Toby(2 yrs old male) and Baby(4 month old male).  I
adopted Baby around x-mas time, and about a week after he moved in, Toby
started having green poop.  I knew nothing about ECE at the time, so I just
kept a close eye on him and made sure he drank and ate.  After a week of
green poop, he stopped eating and drinking altogether.  I took him to my
vet, who apparently knows more about ferrets than any other vet in the area.
Anyway, the vet was convinced that my little boy had a blockage, so he
operated.  He did not find anything and that's when he suggested that maybe
it was ECE.  By that time, Toby was getting fluid injections (he was very
dehydrated), and still would not eat.  On top of that he was weak from the
operation.

We finally took him home with a supply of Amoxycillin, Prednisone and
started giving him duck soup.  It has now been almost 2 months, and Toby has
not gained weight AT ALL.  He eats a little on his own, but we still have to
give him duck soup.  I also started giving him some Ferretvite in the hope
that is will make him gain weight.  I just dont't know what to do anymore,
and he is soooo skinny it is really worrying me.  Toby also still has green
poop half the time.  If it was ECE, why didn't the two other ferrets get it?
Will Toby ever be himself again?  (btw I read all the ECE info I could find
on the net, and none where really helpful at this point).  I spend my days
worrying about my little boy, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cynthia, Sebastien and their babie(Toby, Yuki and Baby)