From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:58:12 -0500
Not really the same but my little female, Kahlua, can't eat your
average kibble that is 'Y' shaped. (Zupreem, Totally Ferret, Path
Valley) It gets stuck in the roof of her mouth, kinda near the back,
between her teeth. Don't know if you can picture that or not.

Her previous owner knew about it but failed to tell me so I found it
out the hard way - luckily I was there when it happened, otherwise I
don't know what would have happened.

When I saw it happen, she freaked out and started shaking her head
about (you've seen them when they have their sneezing spells, it looked
like that) and pawing at it trying to get it out. I didn't know what
was going on so I grabbed her and scruffed her to open and look in her
mouth. That was when I saw it. I was able to get her (while scruffed)
to be still enough that I could pop it out (it actually took some
force, I am surprised at how much) with my finger nail. Since then, she
doesn't get 'Y' shaped food - but about every other weekend I spend 2
hours breaking the food up into a tuperware dish so that she can eat
without worry. I break it into 2-3 pieces and she hasn't had any issues
since.

Has anyone else ever had something like that happen? I wish more foods
would be shaped like Marshall's, but until then, I do it so my little
girl has something to eat. : )

I still wouldn't trade her for anything! : P

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by
the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the
shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be the blade that was broken, The
crownless again shall be king."
"May it be you journey onTo light the day; When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun"