From:
Ferrets-N-Limbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:07:28 -0700
Hi and dooks to all!  It has been an interesting few weeks here at the
shelter, the kind that included some of the good and the bad... We have
had a huge medical month with several of our elderly ferrets needing
blood work and radiographs (X-rays.) Fang has developed a heart condition
that we are trying to stabilize and Cocoa's adominal tumor is growing and
we believe her time for the Bridge may be soon.  We also had to say
good-bye to Iggy last week and help him on his final journey.  (Sandy,
please check on him if you get a chance!) Although we only had him 6
short monthes, he grabbed most of our hearts in that time.  He was about
9 years old, and his body just said it was time.  We had done blood work
and radiographs and did all that we could, however, his body just was
tired and he kept getting weaker and weaker and disorientated.  We
enjoyed the time we had with him and he sure got lots of love.

To balance that, it seems, we also took in three youngsters.  Sparkle
is cute and sweet as can be (8 monthes old).  Than we have Ralph and
Nickki who are about 10 monthes old and keeping everyone on their toes.
They are a dominent pair and manage to make a good mess and get into
anything!!  So we are missing Igyy and worried about two of our other
older guys, but we are also rolling on the floor laughing at these
youngsters and the antics they come up with!!

I also wanted to remind everyone that this is the last week for our
monthly raffle!  As before, we have not yet sold any tickets so you have
a good chance!!  This month, we are raffling a hand painted, 8" round
paper Mache box.  Check it out and the details for the raffle under the
"Events" section of our web-site at: www.Ferrets-N-Limbo.org This box is
being donated by Sharon Beardon of Kouri's fan club and it would be a
GREAT holiday gift for any ferret lover!!!

Speaking of the holidays, if your local shelter does not have any
affiliate sites on their web-site, please consider doing some of your
holiday shopping through ours.  Simply visit our web-site's main page and
click on the "Associations" link.  We get a small percentage of every
sale from any of the stores listed.  Every dollar counts and we greatly
appreciate it!!!

Thank-you in advance for your support!!!  Wishing everyone the best and
sending good thoughts to all the sick kids out there.

Sincerely,

--
Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.