From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:26:55 -0500
One of the very nice people on the FML tracked down this bill and emailed
me the URL to find the exact wording.  This bill does not include ferrets
as one of the prohibited "exotic" pets, but does include skunks.  If any
of you would like to read it yourself, the URL is
http://www.lpitr.state.sc.us/bills/4403.htm ,
and you can search for and follow up on Bills here -
http://www.lpitr.state.sc.us/sitemap.htm .

Thanks to the many people who responded to my post.  Thank goodness our
ferret rights will not be affected, but I am sure many other exotic pet
owners will be pretty unhappy about this bill.  This whole thing started
because some idiot that lived in SC had a rare pet cobra that bit him and
almost killed him.

Thanks again,
Holly,
Tigger & Pooh