From:
Melissa Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 21:22:00 -0500
Good Day, All!

'Gotta say, before I get to the point, that reading this List is one of the
highlights of my day!  Okay, so I need to get A Life... I plop myself down
at the computer each morning with a chocolate Pop Tart (okay; TWO!  ;-> ) &
a glass of milk close by, the fuzzies running 'round for their morning
romp..  it's great!  The cameraderie gives me the warm fuzzies (hee hee -
pun intended)!

Okay, enough corny stuff... I just had to share a hint with all of you who
sit there and furiously jot notes down as you read through the FML so that
you don't have to scroll back through a gazillion posts (or lists!!) for
that one thing that you wish you'd known before, need right NOW, know you'll
need or hope you won't :-( .  I used to do that, UNTIL....Until I found a
new trick (which is probably nothing new to anyone out there, in which case
please don't tell me 'cause I'll feel like an idiot for having posted this):

When I start the computer I open up the handy-dandy MS Word program to a new
document and then, each time that I see something that I want to "keep" from
the FML, I highlight it, go to Edit, Copy and then open up the MS Word (via
that wonderful technology we all love called "multi-tasking").  I hit the
little "clipboard" icon to paste the info and it's THERE!!  In my own font
and everything!  (Hey; it's the little things in life, right?  ha ha)

Then when I'm finished reading the daily List I can delete it without any of
that nagging Pack Rat anxiety that I might've thrown away something valuable
and never have access to it again..  blah blah blah..

If you want to be really anal (as in retentive!!), label a folder and store
all of your Ferret documents in there!

I feel like such a nerd for posting this, but I'll confess:  "I AM an
INFO-HOLIC!"  'Specially when it comes to my fuzzy babies!!

Happy Dooking to All ~ it's a pleasure to wake up to you each day!!

Dexter & Cocoa's mom; Melissa  :-D