From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:27:27 -0400
>I have had ferrets for 7 years now.  Over that time I have had a total
>of 17 ferrets - of those I currently have 12.  This is the most I have
>had at any one time.  In that time I have NEVER had a ferret that would
>not get along with ther others.

I've wondered about this too, as I've also never encountered ferrets that
didn't get along.  I've had ferrets for only eight years, but of the
seven ferrets I've had (six remaining), and play dates among my seven
and numerous friends' ferrets, they've always all had fun together, no
fights.  And except for babies being introduced to adults, I've never
even encountered any of the typical dominance behaviors.  Two of mine
were adopted, and both fit right in.  One was of unknown origin, but
the other I know was an only ferret for the first two years of his life.
When he met my crew it was sheer delight from the start - like he finally
found out what was missing in his life!  Maybe I've just been lucky...

That goes for humans as well; my ferrets seem to like everyone they meet.
Two of my guys are a little rough on my cat, but they're nice to my
102-pound Rhodesian Ridgeback.  They like to hang from his ears and lips
by their teeth, but that's only to go for a joyride - I think!  ;)

Nancy and critters