From:
Cheryl M Forbis/DELCO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:44:06 +0000
Any one who might be able to help, please e-mail to me personally as soon as
possible.  I have a sick fuzzie who came down with green diarrhea three
weeks ago.  I've been giving him duck soup and Pepto four times a day for
the last three weeks an the vet gave me Tribrisen to give him twice a day
that he has been on for two weeks.  There has been little improvment and he
is loosing a lot of weight.  At the begining of this week, he seemed to be
improving.  His stool actually held its shape though the color was still
off.  Well Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, his stool was very loose and
watery again and I noticed that he was acting peculiar.  He is very week and
seems to loose his balance frequently.  Also, he seems very .... jumpy is
best way I can describe it.  He jumps and flinches at things like they've
suprised him.  I'm talking about immobile objects that all of a sudden catch
his eye and startle him like a piece of white paper on the floor that made
him jump three times in a row.  Whats going on here?  I'v had others go
through this diarrhea thing but they all showed significant improvement in a
three week period.  I am very worried and frustrated that I can't seem to
make him better and I have no ferret knowledgable vet to turn to.  The ones
I have been to don't know whats wrong with him and just give me antibiotics
and say to keep up the Pepto and feedings.  I've also tried other
antidiarrhea medications with no improvment.  What else should I be doing
and what is making him behave differently?

Please, anyone with any advice, help!

CHERYL