From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2008 09:05:56 -0500
Happy Holidays to my FML family.

This was sent to me a few years ago but I lost the original email so
don't know who to credit it to. But it is very heartwarming & melting
all at the same time.

A ferret named "Puppy"

It's a beautiful but icy cold evening in December. In the clear night
sky twinkle thousands of shining stars. The moonlight reflects brightly
on the fresh fallen snow.

"Puppy" the young ferret takes little notice of this beautiful sight.
The cold snow hurts his already freezing ferret paws. He's very hungry
and above all he feels terribly alone....

[Moderator's note: The rest of this sweet story was removed since I
don't know if we have permission to reproduce it here. But, I did
find a link to the original :-), so you can read it there if you wish:
<http://unitedmamasforferrets.web-log.nl/united_mama_s_for_ferrets/2007/12/a_christmas_car.html>

Thanks for thinking of the FML, Debbie, and thanks for understanding
about only posting the link. BIG]

On behalf of ferret shelter operators, the volunteers, all the people
who support us in whatever way they can, & to the Secret Santas from
this & past years, best wishes to you & yours this holiday season.

Happy Dooks To All and to All a Good Poof!

Shelter Mom Debbie
And all the shelter & personal fuzbutts.