From:
Barbara Laugesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:11:19 -0400
Marie Wallace asked me to post this information so that all could see it,
but especially the folks here in Florida.

The Brevard Rescue and Shelter is trying to set up and sponsor a run/walk in
memory of Kodo.  The run/walk would pass through the following east coast
Florida counties: Nassau, Duval, Flagler, Volusia, Brevard, Indian River,
St. Lucie, Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade.  (You do not have to live in these
counties to participate.  All are welcome).  They are in need of volunteers
that would run/walk in the above counties.  This is just a survey because in
order to make this work they will need a commitment for at least three
people per county.

I have talked with Marie about this and must say I am really excited about
it.  They are even going to try to design a torch in Kodo's memory to be
carried and passed along.

Marie can be reached by her e-mail address - [log in to unmask]

If you have any difficulty reaching her e-mail me and I will pass along the
information

Florida will never let them forget Kodo nor the countless other Kodos that
have gone before and after him.

Come on Florida, and all others interested.  Let's make this run a reality.
I'm going to dust off my running shoes and I challenge others to do the same.

More information will be posted as it is received.

Marie asked me to close with these words - "In life Kodo would unite us in
Spirit but, in his Death Kodo has Bound Us Eternal".

Thanks,

Barbara