Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:53:40 EDT
Mom says we will need a few things:
1. A spray bottle filled with water in case we get too hot, she can wet us
us down.

2. Mom also collects 20-oz pop bottles, she usually gets 4-5 of them and
cuts off the labels, she then fills them 1/2 way up with water and she
freezes them.  She keeps them in the freezer until she needs them.  When
we go somewhere she just adds water to one of them and takes it with us.

Also Mom keeps one bottle that has been frozen and then puts in it a clean
tube sock and ties it in a knot, and puts it in our cage or carrier when it
gets really hot, she used to wrap the bottle in a towel but we figured out
how to untie it !!

3. Mom also like pedilyte.  She takes the clear kind and adds some it to
our water bottle and water dish when it gets really hot weather.  Then she
takes the rest of the bottle and fills up an ice tray or two, and makes
pedicubes and she puts them in a rubber made bowl and keeps them until we
need more for our water dish.

Mom also freezes fruit flavored pedicubes for us, she then thaws them in
the refreg. in a bowl and then gives them to us with a syringe or dropper
as a treat when it is really hot.

Mom also wets a towel and puts it over our cage when it gets too warm.

Mom is pretty smart at times but we steal her socks when she is gone and
put them in the cage with us, we also like to steal Dad's eye glass cases.

Mom also says when she has to be away and she wants to know if the power is
off at home, she calls home to see if the answering machine is working or
not, she said she got this idea from one of them smart FMlers.

Chester,Cocoa, Stanley, Buddy and Minnie

If you have a ferret question drop me a line?
I have Ferret Hammocks 4-Sale
www.homestead.com/weaselpals/homepage.html
Ada and Kerry Gibbs