From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:30:14 -0700
Dear All,

As Mollie Golden wrote, "...if you weren't here for Rocky's OFEST, you
missed a great fundraiser and party!" Thank you Mollie for those kind
and supportive words. Likewise, I appreciated the responses that Jean
Caputo-Lee and Michelle Butler also wrote on my behalf. There was an
attempt to discredit me, hurt our shelter and fundraiser. The attempts
started first on The Ferret Store Forum, and the mod there deleted
those threads. Then they brought it to the FML. Folks, my guests
started arriving three days before OFEST, and I really was having too
much fun, and the mood was so positive that ya just couldn't mess with
my spirit and sense of humor. In fact, we had folks intentionally come
to OFEST out of curiosity, and they stayed and had a great time with
other ferret enthusiasts! Also, I'm still getting supportive calls and
emails. Thank you all very much.

There were shelter ops and volunteers from at least 6 different
shelters, and about 80 guests, from all over the country here to party,
and party we did! In case you don't understand, our events are not
shows, they are parties for people that share a love of ferrets. Into
the wee hours of any of our parties you will find a big circle of new
and old friends sitting around a huge roaring bonfire. There they find
out that they have far more in common than ferrets. As usual, all folks
were welcomed to camp out on the farm too!

We had the support of the ferret community in so many ways, and our
raffles were the best ever. I have so many to thank for donations for
raffles, but would like to put a special thanks out to Elle at The
Ferret Depot, our friends at The Ferret Store, Skip Martin of Martin's
Cages, and more than we can name here, but be sure to look for our
webpage listing everyone and acknowledging our gratitude.

Special thanks to our favorite DJ, the famous ferretone himself, BOB
ADAMS! He rocked and emcee'd all day and evening. And then he put up
with all of us doing Karoake until 3:30am!!!

We celebrated Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter's anniversary of 11
years. We are proud of the job we've done, the service to the
community, and most of all the upwards of 3,000 ferrets that have been
rescued, restored to health and re-homed into loving caring forever
homes. These are critical times for shelters. Please consider adoption
and/or fostering, and help keep our private shelters from being
overburdened, and the shelter ops overwhelmed. Thank you all for
helping us once again, to keep our doors open and give care to so many
wayward ferrets!

I'm very grateful to Denise Kamarunas, Kim Sikorski, Michelle Butler,
and Barry Edwards...Rocky's Board of Directors.

Barry has put a few of the pics from OFEST 2006 together in a slide
show. We invite you to visit and enjoy!....
http://www.rockysbod.com/oktoberfest2006/data/index.html

Look foward to the announcement of the date for Rocky's FERRETSTOCK
2007 in the Spring! Come out from behind those computers and get to
know each other up front and personal! Hey, where else can you see
Shelter Moms from all over the country, pole dancing for donations!!!!
lol

Thank you and God bless,

Barbara Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's