From:
Chet Duda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 14:59:21 -0500
Erika, did your ferret sitter give the fuzheads water from the tap?  One
problem that has occured with our fuzzies is change in water.  Also, water
in different areas has different things in it.  The water they received may
have had a bug that is affecting their digestive tract.  Best to bring water
with you to sitters.  May want to see your vet.  They may need to give the
fuzzies some saline under their skin to help with dehydration due to the
runny stools.

Kim, have you seen your vet yet?  We had a problem like this when we were
new fuzrents.  Max, a beautiful male sable, had something that sounds
similar to your problem.  Turned out that it was cancer.  It started really
small and almost unnoticable and stayed that way for some time.  When it did
start to grow, it was too late to save his leg it engulfed his bone before
the appointment we made to have it removed.  I highly reccomend that you get
your fert to the vet ASAP.  With a biopsy they will be able to tell what it
is.  Hope it isn't anything serious.

Brenda