From:
Carrie Landry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 20:57:32 +0000
I'm posting for my friend Edward.  He will be getting his first issue of the
FML tomorrow but wanted to get a head start on the answer to his problem.
He has a young female, Furrita, who has been an only ferret since she left
her litter.  She is very gentle and is scared of the 2 new ferrets who came
to live with her last weekend.  They are a male and female and the female
really is giving Furrita a hard time.  Furrita takes some abuse but doesn't
put up much of a fight, and then finally runs to Edward to save her.

Edward doesn't know how to handle this.  The new female is also biting him
fairly bad.  He is in Australia and can't get bitter apple, but got
something similar from his vet and it has halped a little.  I don't know how
to help him, I have had 2 very smooth introductions so I don't have any
experience here.  He has tried time outs on the newbies and the girl just
goes right back for Furrita as soon as she is let out.  Please post or email
him at [log in to unmask] with suggestions.  He got the new 2 for friends f or
Furrita and is very concerned.

Thanks
Carrie Landry
Sugar pea
Misha

[Moderator's note: ozemail.com doesn't seem to be valid here yet - maybe
by the time you read this it will be.  BIG]