From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:00:46 -0500
I do not normally post to the FML, but I feel I should speak on this
subject.  While it is wonderful that Marc is drawing attention to ferrets
as positive pets, some forget that Marc is a businessman.  I have heard
some people think he is a vet - he is not.  I have heard some say they
thought he is a ferret breeder-definitely not.  While I agree that he is
putting a positive light on ferrets, I do not feel all his info is correct,
and some is given out hypocritically.  I have been in his pet shop on a
number of occasions.  He unfortunately does not practice what he preaches.
He brings in about 100 or more Path Valley ferrets a week and ships a lot
of them to Japan.

He charges about $150 per ferret.  On top of that, he is now getting $400+
for angora ferrets(per ferret).

His ferrets are kept in a glass enclosure(like the octagonal ones you see
at Petco) in Wood shavings.

My husband and I went into his store once and bought a tube of petromalt, a
bottle of ferretone, and a small toy for a grand total of $45.

Please do not put this man on any kind of pedestal.  We are thankful as
ferret owners for the positive media, but that is all.  Remember, any
publicity on him brings double attention to his store and increases his
sales - he is a businessman.

[WM]