From:
Deborah Micklea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 1995 22:02:58 -0400
Thanks  to all of you who wrote concerning my five month old, Tygger, who was
dianosed with Cardiomyopathy.  It was great to hear your words of support.
 From what we can tell he seems to have responded well to the lasix-no
coughing since he's started.  We'll take any bit of good news we can get!

My next question.  Dr.  Williams-you touched on the subject of the breeder.
 I went to the pet store from which I purchased Tygger, and they told me
exactly who the breeder was, and they know for a fact because it is the only
place from which they purchase ferrets (and believe it or not they took a lot
of interest in the matter-but still left it up to me to contact the breeder).
 I'd hate to name the breeder because I'm not sure of the legalities of doing
it, but for a little background on my following question let's just say that
they are a major ferret farm in Penn. who has lost *a lot* of ferrets
recently.  No one ever mentioned the health of those surviving ferrets. Does
anyone have any details? I still as yet have not received a response to the
phone message I left the breeder.  And I thought the UFO guarentee was really
something, but I'm beginning to think it's really no more than a piece of
paper!  Has anyone else dealt with a big ferret breeder for a similar reason?
 Can they give me some advice?  I'm extremely upset that they could continue
breeding ferrets that they seem to know will have short lives!  Are there any
ferret organization who are involve in any action on similar matters?
Any advice would be appreciated,
Deborah, Tygger and Pooh