From:
Ken meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:18:02 -0800
Dear FMLers, and slaves to the polecats;

I took the advice of J. Matthew Saunders post yesterday, and I called
Jennifer Gracia at Petco, the person who buys magazines.  I have been a
retail buyer, so we spoke the same language.  It seems we are having quite
an impact on her personally, and little impact on the corporation.  Petco
has policies and proceedures that only allow them to buy from established
distributers.  Jennifer stated that she has been calling MF to help them
get set up, but noone returns her calls, anyway, I am posting an e-mail
she sent me.  She asked me to post it to the FML.

One positive thing is that Jennifer made it a point to tell me that I could
call MF direct and get a subscription.  I told her that Petco was doing
itself a disservice by not having the magazine there as an add-on sale for
the ferret purchase.  If new owners had the magazine for some answers, they
may not get as many returns on ferrets, and the fuzzies would get better
informed owners.  She agreed with this line of thought ($$$$ speak ya know)

 "Subj:   Modern Ferret magazine