From:
Debbie Les <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 22:31:03 -0400
Hello everyone.  I have been lurking since Deb & I lost our L.S. and White
Fang last month to Lymphosarcoma.  We were devastated and pretty much at a
loss for words on the FML.

I have been involved in the BATTLE here in Michigan for a fair risk
assessment for over a year and Deb and I head up the Rabies committee for
the Great Lakes Ferret Association here in Michigan.  I wanted to reiterate
the need for donations to this cause.  Bob Jacobs has put himself and his
family in financial risk because he believes so strongly in this cause.  I
don't want to entertain any debate as to what his priorities should be.  I
am indebted to Bob for standing up to the issue and I am here to say that
the ferret community should be proud to have someone like Bob as one of its'
champions.  Please, please be generous.  If you haven't donated, please try
to find a way to make a contribution.  If you have, please try to find a way
to make another donation.

One week ago, my own mother-in-law called Deb to warn her that she would be
taking Deb's grandmother (97 yrs.  old) to the hospital because her leg was
extremely swollen and deb's grandmother was convinced that our little
Chelsea (NOT!!!) was the cause (Chelsea tried to climb into her lap when
they came over for Mother's Day.) We evacuated the "crew" to safe haven
until the threat was gone.  IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE!!!!  We can't rest until
all ferrets are truly free.

Once we achieve a fair risk assessment policy in Michigan, any funds will be
turned over to help the rest of the community.  Michigan's victory will only
help set precedent for other states.  Please be generous.  Please!

Also, I can't describe how proud I am to be associated with such wonderful
people.  Troy Lynn, Dr. Freddie Hoffman, Dr. neuman, Randy Sellers... Thank
you so much for your support.  To all of you that have written... YOU ARE
MAKING A HUGE DIFFERENCE!  A senator (or representative) called Bob to say
that we are THE topic of discussion on the floor.  Senator Dingell called
Gloria Davis twice while we were in court to discuss the bill that he is
drafting.  Representative DeHart is also drafting a bill.  They are
impressed with our professionalism as well as our cause.  PLEASE KEEP THE
LETTERS COMING.

If anyone has a connection with Prime Time, please write them about this
situation and/or give me a call.  I believe the press plays a key role in
decision making.

If you get a chance, browse the Kodo web site. The artwork of "Kodo:
Everybody's Ferret" was done by Deb. We are also selling T-shirts (a
little finer resolution) for $25 (+$3 shipping). ALL profits go to the
GLFA Legal Action Fund.You can contact Debbie Les at:
(248)391-1895
2760 Cedar Key Drive
Lake Orion, MI 48360
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
(please specify specify quantity, and size - M, L, XL, XXL)
Once again, please be generous. Bob is suffering from the financial burden.
Mail contributions to:
Gloria Davis
Treasurer, Great Lakes Ferret Association
27654 Southpointe
Grosse Ile, Michigan 48138
ATTN: GLFA/LAF
Please make checks payable to GLFA/LAF; they'll be allocated to the
Legal Action Fund.

Credit card donations can be called in to Robert Jacobs at (517) 777-4807.

Most importantly, please say some prayers for Kodo, Bob and Kathy.  This has
been a horrible experience - I can't imagine if it were one of mine behind
bars for 3 weeks.

Please be generous with whatever you can - prayers, letters, donations, or
spirit.

Dave & Deb Les
Nikita, Norman, Chelsea, Tia
& 2Catz
(L.S. Weazer, and White Fang crossed over the rainbow Bridge)