From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2010 07:44:01 -0400
What my ferret taught me, but I was to busy to listen

Hi all,

Many of you may remember Charity, she was one of Alicia's little ones,
and I raised her up to be a great albino girl.

I had the pleasure of taking care of her for 8 1/2 years. During that
whole time, she was never sick one day, only had fleas once, and they
came in on one of the dogs and it seams like they hatched and grew up
in a few hours, and when the call from the Bridge came, she filled up
on soup for the trip, I left the room to get dressed, came back and
found the soup all gone, and she had passed beside the empty dish..

She was a nipper till the day she died, and was always on the lookout
for a way to get Kitty. One time, I could not find her and my big white
cat came barreling through the rooms, round the kitchen table and back
to the far end of the house.

Cats do run like that, but on the second time through, I noticed that
kitties tail was in the air, and a second ( also white tail) was closer
to the floor. I took off after Kitty, cornered her, she was crying, and
removed Charity who was hanging upside down from Kitties underside.
Both being white, it was hard to see as they kitty ran through the
rooms.

This ferret would NOT DRINK OR EAT OUT OF ANYTHING PLASTIC. I don't
care what it was. At a tag sale, I found a cut glass dish that was
chipped, It was a beautiful piece. I bought it and took emery paper
and sanded the rough edges off of the dish. It was safe to use, but
ruined as an antique. It became Charities dish for her soup. She had
a crock for her kibble and a water dish for her water. NO PLASTIC -

She passed four years ago, and Uncle Sam is just finding out that
Plastic is toxic. They are changing baby bottles, and many other
items that come in contact with hot food back to glass or a safer,
more expensive, plastic. I should have listened to Charity.

Marilyn Ledoux and the gang at Ledoux Hospice,
working under Ferretwise and using all glass or stainless steel.