From:
Carol Krause <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:38:21 -0400
Hi everyone,

I would like some help,please, from all you experienced ferret people.  Dr.
Bruce has already commented on this and I have taken him,my ferret,not Dr.
Bruce:) to my vet.  I was hoping maybe others might have some insight.  He
is a DEW.  2 yrs. old.  Just fine except his nose looks very pink under
the fur.  My vet thinks he was rubbing it trying to get out of his cage,
but he is mostly free roam or sleeping in the cage.  Dr. Bruce, of course
cannot see it over the web, so he really cannot say.  There is no swelling.
It does not seem to bother him( but it sure bothers me) No scabbing.  The
shelter Mom thought it was from his nose running ad suggested washing it
with baby shampoo.When I first washed it with baby shampoo, there was a
little orange on the cloth,like the stuff that comes off the tails, but I
stopped washing it.  I tried vitamin E, and my vet gave me an antibiotic
that is safe to use around the face and eyes,but there is no marked change
after a week.  I am sure it is not ringworm,no scales.  Anyone????  I would
so appreciate any help.  Thanks!

Regards,
Carol