From:
Mark Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 07:18:51 -0600
Ok now that I have written and deleted my first message, and taken a little
break I can reply in a calm rational manner.

Mr. Lipinski, I understand you statements regarding fixed pets and I would
like to present another side to you.  I have two MF fuzzballs, and they are
just that.  And you are correct in stating that they will not contribute to
the gene pool, which is fine by me.  However, if all of our ferrets were
breeders there would be more of an overcrowding problem than there is now.
We the owners of neutered pets rely on you an other responsible breeders to
enhance and propagate the species.  I do not have the time nor the knowledge
to breed ferrets, in your opinion does that make me ineligible to keep them
as companions.  I have owned dogs and cats throughout my life and I have
never bred them either, and I know there is no fear of them becoming extinct.

I feel a whole lot better knowing that there are responsible breeders out
there who take the time and energy to see to it that ferrets are going to
continue being the wonderful animals that they are.

As an aside a very good friend of mine has adopted two research ferrets and
found them to be in excellent health, and very playful.

Hard to believe?

I am on my way out for vacation, I will try to catch up in a week when I get
back

Mark