From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 14:25:02 -0800
How to make your ferrets a really neat Christmas present!

While cruising the toy isles in K-Mart this morning, I found the basis for a
very large ferret hammock.  It's called a Pet Net, and is sold as a place to
park your kiddies (read ferrets!) collection of stuffed toys.  The size is
36 X 36 X 51, and it's triangular in shape, designed to fasten into a
corner.  The material is the same heavy white mesh used in commercial ferret
items by 4 Paws, and the sturdy inch wide bindings are the only color note.
Burnie's is - yes, of course I got Burnie one!  - dark blue, but there were
other binding colors.  A nice heavy grommet is set in each corner and it
comes with 3 long shanked cup-hook type screws.  To hang from our cage, I
plan to use cage clips from Home Depot though, the kind with a clip on one
end, and an open hook on the other.

The item is all mesh, it still needs our help to be a really neat ferret
hammock.  I plan to get some of that sheepy fur like fabric and sew a nice
piece into the center.  Burnie is just gonna love it!  I'll bet he poops in
his pan for a whole week, to thank me!

Bajer Design & Marketing makes the Pet Net/ferret hammock, and the K-Mart
price was $7.39.  Max weight in the net is 30 pounds.  So anyone with 5#
ferrets - don't let more than 6 at a time in it!

Have fun!

Georgia