From:
Michelle Z Matta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 13:36:50 -0500
Well, at least that's how "Little Man" see's it.  I've heard of "picky
eaters", and out of our 6 ferrets, we have one particularly picky eater.
Salty doesn't like anything but her ferret food, petromalt and ferretone.
The other vultures will take anything they see you eating - even plain old
bread (but only if you're EATING it).  But Salt's finicky eating habits were
NOTHING!  Meet Little Man.

I made the mistake of OFFERING him a noodle that the other beggers were
eating.  He sniffed it and made this awful gagging noise as if I just stuck
my finger in the back of his throat.  His eyes squinted up and he looked at
me as if I just tried to kill him.  He backed away, and took off to play.
Thinking it was just the noodle, I offered him a COOKIE one time after that
because he was nebbing in my face as I ate it.  So after offering him the
cookie, he did that gaggin noise again like I was gagging him on purpose.
And the look I got afterwards made me crack up because he GLARED at me with
these squinty eyes like I did it on purpose.  We've tried offering anything
with the same reaction.  And we thought Salty was picky!  At least she's not
psycho as well!

- Mish

Carnegie Mellon University......Athletic Dept
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/mish/home.html
(Departmental)....http://www.cmu.edu/athletic