Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:44:35 -0700
Hey folks,

Ok, I've started getting emails asking if I have died or something, so I
thought I would post something to better disappoint those hoping for the
event. :-P

I have two daughters, Elizabeth and Gloria.  I usually only talk about
Elizabeth.  That is not because I favor her, but simply because she would
once post here, and a number of people regularly email me to ask about
her, and my other kids never did.  Gloria recently flew to the Bahamas
with her fiance, was married there, and then spent two weeks in sunny
bliss.  When she returned with her husband, there was a second set of
events for the families, which peaked last Saturday.  Sounds wonderful,
doesn't it?  Lets just say, those events impacted my activities to such
a degree that I am not sure I will ever recover.  I've been forgetting
important tasks, somehow lost my column to Ferrets magazine, sent the
wrong scientific report to the right archaeologist (or was that the right
report to the wrong guy?), and actually told my mom to settle down and
give me five minutes of quiet and I'll get back to her.  I am so going
to hell for that one.  But, I think I will eventually get used to a
son-in-law that towers over me and drives a 'vette.  OMG, I am getting
old?  I knew my hair was getting thin on top and somewhat gray, but have
I started down that path that only leads to becoming a cranky Mr. Wilson?
That settles it...I am definitely going out to California and renting a
surf board.  Crank up the Ventures, my friends, I need some laid-back
time.

There was one funny incident during the reception that somehow makes this
all ferret related.  I was walking around, doing what I do best (talking)
and introduced myself to a member of the groom's party.  They owned
ferrets!  We ended up discussing ferrets for about an hour, until I was
forced to talk to other guests.  And they owned 'vettes, how cool is
that?

Which brings me to yet another "you know you are a ferret owner when..."
comment.

You know you are a ferret owner when you hear someone say "I love vets,"
and you talk for a half hour before you realize they mean the car.

Bob C  [log in to unmask]