From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:24:58 -0800
Maybe, hopefully, not all the pandas and blazes are bought just because
they are so darn cute.  4 years ago when I took at peak at the new
ferrets in my local pet store I was not planning on bringing any home
since I already had two seniors.  But when I saw that one was a blaze I
knew he was deaf and I wanted to make sure he ended up with someone with
lots of ferret experience - so he came home with me!  He has classic WS
markings, even blue eyes.  He the only ferret that I've had that loves to
cuddle and be held and I am so grateful he ended up with me.

My other MF is a dark sable but he is a little different and I am
wondering if this is a genetic thing too and/or starting to be common?
He is very short and stocky, about three inches shorter than my other
male and his face is shaped like a female's.  His eyes are larger than my
other guy's (even though his body is smaller) and from the day I brought
him home as a baby he is extremely tense.  He jumps and runs at any
strange noise and it took him months before learning to relax around me.
He even bit my vet the first time he got his baby shots and she used
nutrical to distract him!  To this day, he still freaks out about new
things and people.  Has anyone else noticed the different body type and
behavior?  Don't get me wrong - he is a sweetheart, just a little scaredy
cat.  Even though he is 4, his mask is still only about 3/4 of the way
formed.

- Peezeel