From:
Claire C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:29:23 -0400
Deb wrote:
>Ok, I read the article, but there was nowhere that it told what
>happened, no details except about her surgery......How did it
>happen?????
>
>It sounds to me that the ferret was either abused or starved....most
>animals will not attack, especially a baby, unless they are starving
>or threatened....and that includes ALL animals. That's the reason rats
>bite people, they are hungry.
>
>But I want to know DETAILS!!! How did it happen, anyone know?

Is this the attack that took place a few years ago? In that case, one
parent was (I think) drunk or drugged and the other had taken sleeping
pills -- and there was also a pit bull puppy in the apartment. I
remember at the time being outraged that the ferret was blamed when it
seemed so much more likely that the puppy had gnawed the baby - and
that the ultimate blame should have been on the neglectful parents
anyway.

Or is that a different case?