From:
soft breeze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:33:16 -0700
it is either the meds or the pet food my ferret would dry heave and
once, only once vomited a tiny bit of pure white. He stopped eating and
did not want to take his meds from his syringe. It may be the powder
enzyme he has to take 2 times per day for his pancreas as he hates that
med. and after over 6 months of taking this he has finally refused to
take it mixed in with all different foods so it is has been difficult.
since what did come out of the vomit was so white and thick .. my
thoughts are that it is the white power for the pancreas meds. I have
put him back on carafate to coat his tummy and pepcid AC at this time
and i see a slight improvement. The vet is trying to find another med
for him take for his pancreas. He eats Totally Ferret lamb,venison, and
turkey food. but i wanted to ask because i could not find any current
ferret food recalls at fda recall site. Or i just do not know the right
thing to type in to find it in the search box on their site. at least
he is not dry heaving anymore.