From:
zauberin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 15:22:45 -0400
Hello,

Why should you care about the things we've brought up regarding Jane
magazine, Radio Shack and David Letterman?

Because ignorance spreads and is believed at a much faster and larger rate
than fact and truth.  We all see that in the case of ferrets being illegal
in California.

I will use Jane as an example, because I have not heard the Radio Shack
commerical, and David Letterman has done stupid, ignorant things before and
will continue to.

There was no truth to Ingrid Newkirk saying ferrets are a rabies risk.
There was only partial truth about which states she cited as ferrets being
illegal in.

You don't think wrongly presented facts need corrected?

Everyone has their "issues" and you're on a ferret mailing list.  Do you
really expect us to pass it by when people in California are fighting the
very ignorant statements Newkirk presented?  If so, you are thinking of the
wrong bunch of people.

It's perfectly all right for you to not do anything, to not respond.  Life
is much easier and safer that way until the same sort of thing happens to
something you really care about, and then it's too late.

Julie