From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:00:16 -0500
Hi there!  I need some advice here - I'm starting to worry abit.  As you
know, I got a new ferret, Frodo, about 4 weeks ago.  As a now 14-week old
kit, I know this is to be expected but he's pretty rambunctious and
sometimes gets on the nerves of the other two (Gushi & Geisha).  I find
that Frodo play too rough with Geisha sometimes and she just doesn't know
what to do.  She whines even if he's just sniffing her and acts all wimpy,
occasionally actually fighting back - sorta.  She'll try to get ahold of
his ears or neck.  However, he nips at whatever is there.  When he does
bite her, she squeals - even when you can tell he's barely got his teeth
on her.  I'm kinda frustrated watching - but especially listening to - all
of this.

"Frodo! Play nice!" "Geisha - don't just lay there and take it! Do
something!!!"

I don't know if I should break it up, or let them work it out themselves
or what.  I usually stop it, picking up one or the other if it seems to be
getting too much.  I'm making sure everyone is getting lots of individual
attention and sometimes doing separate run-times to avoid too much stress
for any one.  Frodo has a healthy respect for Gushi cuz on a couple of
occasions, he was just bugging the Old Man too much and Gushi grabbed him
and shook him good.  Geisha stills weighs more than Frodo - just wish she'd
do the same or *something*.  I think Frodo needs her to show him some
'oomph' cuz right now he seems to know she's an easy target.  He's not
really beating her up just harrassing her.

It's been over four years since I've had a new furry body in the house -
that was Geisha with the three boys - and I just can't remember it being
this awkward.  Maybe I'm getting senile; maybe it just happened to be
easier and we were all just lucky.  Sigh!

If anyone has some advice, let me know!!

Later all!

Take care and hugs to all!
George, Jasper and the Crew

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret