From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 19:17:19 EST
Hi to everyone and everyone's little fuzzbeans

Biting:
There's been a lot posted on biting recently. My apologies if this has already
been dealt with, but I don't remember anyone mentioning teething in baby
ferrets. Do they go through the same painful teething process as puppies, human
babies, etc. and is there something that can be done to alleviate their
discomfort?  My experience with biting has only been with adult ferrets, and I
agree that it's not necessary to hit ferrets, that other ways work better.

Dogs:
I'd advise being *really* careful around dogs that you don't know. I have 2
dogs that are very good with ferrets (mixed shepherd and a sheltie) but my
first ferret came very close to being killed by a neighbor's mixed shepherd. I
also had a very large New Zealand rabbit who was killed by another neighbor's
medium-sized dog who jumped over my fence. So it doesn't depend on the dog's
breed or size.

Night lunatics:
I find that *someone* is usually up and rummaging through the house at about
2:30 in the morning. I think they take turns.

Mass.:
Thanks for the info on Mass. legislation; I'm glad 'not selling in pet shops'
is included. I think the bill will eventually pass, especially when the rabies
paranoia dies down.

Cinderella, Norm & Ralph's mom in Framingham--any other Metrowesters out there?