Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:48:52 -0500
Another late night, or early morning rather, Mommie and Princess rocked
together in the quiet, darkness of the living room.  Mommie loved it
so to feel Princess' body next to hers.  And Princess loved how it made
her feel so safe and warm.  It also help her tummy ache.  Princess slept
so peacefully, She inched her way up to Mommie's neck and it was so
wonderful, so very snuggly, & Mommie smelled SO good.  Princess fell back
into a very deep, very odd feeling sleep.  Mommie decided to just hold
and hold her for a long while and savor this special time together.

As Princess slept, she was so comfortable, more comfortable than she had
been in a long time.  "wow", she thought, "Did Mommie and Daddy get me a
sleep number bed???, This is great!" Princess slept for a little while
longer because she was just exhausted from hurting all the time.  The
living room was almost pitch black, with only the dim light of a night
light in the kitchen.

Suddenly and very slowly the room stated getting brighter and brighter
until Princess shouted out "Listen you guys, I am royalty and I need my
sleep".  "Turn out that light!"

The room became brighter and brighter.  It was so bright that it shone
very brightly in the furkids bedroom too.  Even Mommie who could sleep
though anything, was woken & mesmerized by the light.  Stormy and
Chance, being the most curious, poked thier heads out of thier blankets.
"CCHHHANCE..., what is that?  what is that??  Get Princess,get Princess,
she knows EVERYTHING!"  Where IS Princess?"

Princess was now very much awake.  From the snuggly, warm cuddles of
Mommie,she kept hearing someone call her name.  There was so much fog all
over the house that Princess could barely see anything!  But she kept
hearing it, "Princess, where are you?"  Princess strained her eyes and
looked into the fog.  She thought to herself, 'Tori?' "  No it couldn't
be, she's at the Bridge" B it WAS Tori.  Tori WAS there!  She was hard to
see because she looked so very different.  Tori had the most lush, bright
white coat Princess had ever seen on Tori.  She was so beautiful that she
glowed.  Princess looked easily into the light and the fog now, and she
saw her friend for certain...."No, it, it, it, just couldn't be.  Tori,
is that YOU?!"  "OH MY GOODNESS, IT IS YOU, IT IS YOU!!!"

With that, Princess jumped up, but oddly enough, her body was still
snuggeling on Mommie's Neck.  Princess didn't quite understand yet, but
she soon would.  She jumped up,"Oh my, that was easier than it's been for
a long time!  To jump up like that...... gotta be the ferret chow!" As
she stood up ,she found, to her delight that her coat was now thick and
lush,her tummy didn't hurt anymore, either!" "Tori, it is you, isn't it?
"You're the one."  I feel fantastic now and all my fur is back."  "That
can only mean one thing, You've been chosen to help me find my way to the
Bridge,haven't you?"

"Yes, Princess, my ol' pal.  We all been waitin fur you.  Me and Samatha,
Bandit Smokey, Boots, an even dat teeny weeny kit mommy tried to save."
"Its been da long time waitin, but now it's time ta go."  "You had da
great life till this las year.  8 1/2 yersa is nuphin to sneeze at"
"Comon Princess, take my paw, I'll show you da way." "BUT TORI!!!!!,
"what about Mommie?!" Princess cried out!  "look at her, she is crying
SO much" And as Princess spoke, a few gentle ferret tears dropped from
her nose and landed right on mama's heart.

"That's the ticket Princey-pie' Tori said!!" "When ferret tears mix with
Mama tears, it helps Mama's heart start to stop bein so broked."  "I
learned that when I left for the Bridge."

"Oh, Princess said softly as she watched her Mommie slowly stop crying as
much." "Oh, look Tortellini, it's working!"

Tori took Princess paw "Will we ever see Mommie again?" Princess asked.
"Yes", Tori replied.  "After you get settled in, you can come down and
visit Mommie."  "I'll teach you how cuz I dun it a buncha times!"  "Let's
go, Princess,Mommie will be alright, but it will take her a lot bit
longer cuz you, she has loved alda way frm the time you was a kit till
now."  "But just cuz you went to da Bridge,It dont mean dat Mama will
forgit you.  Mama will love us all forever!  Don't worry.  Mommie will
NEVER, EVER, forget us."

"Princess, It's time to go."  "I've told every buudy that Royalty was
comin, so they needed to tidy up a little."  "They are all so excited."
"Dey never saw a real life Princess.  Esp, one as BEAUTIFUL as you!"

So holding Tori's paw, Princess looked away from her precious Mama and
started on her way.  But just for a second, one last time, Princess
turned and whispered" Thank-you Mama for taking such good care of me when
I was sick.  You are the best fert Mommie in the whole world.  Bye bye
Mommie, I love you."