From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - FERRET BUSINESS of GA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 22:54:28 -0400
I'm coming to you with a very heavy heart to tell you that the ferret
community has suffered a great loss.  My dearest friend, Suzanne Resinger,
founder of the Central AZ Ferret Club, passed away due to heart failure
this morning after many years of failing health.  My only comfort is that
her passing was quick & painless, & she will suffer no more.

Suzanne will be remembered as a true champion of ferret welfare.
Sanctioned by the states of California & Hawaii, she saved the lives of
hundreds of ferrets by providing a haven for those that were confiscated &
otherwise would have been sentenced to death.  Housing up to 40 ferrets in
her home, she loved & cared for each & every one.  The legless, eyeless,
sick, & old ferrets that weren't considered desirable by those wanting to
adopt, always had a home with Suzanne.

You couldn't help but love her.  Her kindness & generosity was unsurpassed.
Her home was always open & she was always there to take your call.  I don't
have words enough to express what a wonderful person she was & how I will
miss her.

Earlier this year Suzanne was devastated when she was forced to give up
rescue work, & just about all of her own animals after an extended hospital
stay.  At the time, she also cared for her ailing mother & her husband who
had recently had a severe brain aneurysm & heart bypass surgery.

There is some consolation knowing that Suzanne has a multitude of little
ones waiting to welcome her at the Bridge.  No longer will she be limited
by the confines of her physical health.  And no longer will she have to
live without the little ones she was forced to give up.  She will be
joining her brother & sister, & her mother who passed just before her this
past weekend.  She leaves behind her husband Ken & her son Chris, & those
of us who came to know & love her as a true friend...& can't conceive what
life will be like without her.

I miss you my friend.