Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:47:39 -0400
I had a ferret that felt compelled to give chase and do battle with the
long-nosed sucky thing.  She feel a special need to save the world from
the motorized carpet brush, latching onto the rubber bumper around it
and getting dragged around the room.

I also used to have a ferret that was a real bully, but was terrified of
the vaccuum cleaner.  I once found him in his cage, with his head under
his blanket, and his butt sticking up into the air, and shaking (his
friend was sound asleep).  I then resolved to leave them out, so fraidy
Eric could find whatever spot he felt was safest.  Once, I was preparing
to vaccuum, and he was lounging on the couch.  I said, "Hey Eric, loud
noise!" No reaction.  I repeated, shaking the vaccuum hose.  Still no
reaction.  So then I said, "Hey, Eric, bbbssssszzzhhhhhh!"  I hadn't
turned on the vaccuum, I merely imitated the sound.  He looked at me,
his eyes went wide, his shoulders drooped, and he peed on the couch.
Served me right, I guess.

I think there was some pitch that probably set him off.

-- Joyce