From:
Marla Wadsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 17:13:11 -0400
This is a tough one posting because I don't know what happened.  Friday
night I let all the kids out in the ferret room for a play time and cage
cleaning...when everyone went back in I did a head count and all appeared
normal...around 2am I woke to a horrible screeching sound and jumped up
to find my lab had my hollie in her mouth.  Chance dropped her on command
but it was too late...she went to the bridge 15 minutes later with me
holding her and telling me how sorry I was.  I don't know how she got
out ...but I know one thing I have been beating myself up over it because
it was horrible...no blood or anything...Chance just shook her and I
think did internal damage.  The cage seemed fine and now I am wondering
if I did a miscount or if she slipped out when I went to answer the
phone.  I just doesn't make sense...please no flames...I have been
depressed enough over some events with my son this summer and really
don't need beat up anymore...I will never forget the look inm her eyes
when she passed....I have been numb and I know I will make peace with
this but I just feel so damn stupid.....fly high my sweet and pleasse,
please remember mommy is so sorry....and so is Chance.

Marla