From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 12:04:06 -0600
Hi Folks,

Well, I think I died a couple of days ago and someone forgot to tell me. <G>

I am doing a little better, the ferrets are doing a little worse.  Got a
wonderful suggestion for herbals from someone and am going to drag myself to
the store to look.

Well, at least being sick and unable to do anything much gives me lots of
time to think about things.  This is not necessarily a good thing.  hehe.

My ferrets are getting so hairy!!  Much more so than last winter.  It just
really amazes me.  Ollie and Nicky both are walking powder puffs.  And
George!  He is a silver mitt with corse hair.  Well, it used to be that way,
he is getting soft and oh so fat.  He is tipping the scales at 4 pounds this
winter and no end in sight.

I am assuming this is because this is the first time they have been in a
cold climate for the coat change.  Last year, we moved the first of
November, and while they did get hairy, it wasn't like this.  Anyone have an
opinion on this for me?

A side note--while everyone calls me Maggie and I seem to be stuck with it,
I am going back to my more formal given name, Margaret.  It won't insult me
for anyone to use Maggie, so never fear.  I was nicknamed that last year and
the reasons for me assuming it and keeping it are no more, so I will be
using Margaret for the most part.  It is what I have used since high school
and when I talk to myself, I have always called myself Margaret.  (oh come
on, we all do, like "Well Margaret, that was a really bonehead thing to do
wasn't it?")

Margaret and the Mid Mo Mob of Mustelids, all whining