From:
Margaret Zick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 02:31:37 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know we are doing fine.  The cats have finally
settled in and I have found most everything in the gazillion boxes I had.
Now if I could just get warm.....

All the ferts are in fine shape.  When we first hit Columbia a couple of
them had the sniffles.  I was all set to take them to the vet's in St.
Louis, but guess what?  They got rid of them!!  All by themselves!  They
have some magical dance they perform only while I am asleep which transfers
their ailments to me.  That's right, for several days I have been sick with
a horrible cold, moaning and whining.  And all those guys have done is laugh.
I will have to dream up suitable punishment for them.  Now if only I had a
doc to go to.

Miss Stella has informed me that they are terribly abused.  You see, they
only have one room of the new house to run around in as I can't figure out
how to ferret proof a couple of places.  So she regularly stands at the door
of the room, hands on hips, telling me that I have made a mistake and should
let her out.  She is by far my smallest and wisest, so I am going to have to
be extra careful here.  I am hoping to figure out things soon.  I can't live
with the guilt too much longer without cracking.

Miss White Fang is doing good too.  I moved her and Nicky, her sweetheart,
into my bedroom tonight and it took her all of 2 seconds to open the
bathroom cabinets.  Sigh.  I guess child proof locks are on the horizon.
But we three had a fine game of chase and then treated ourselves to raisins.

Nicky is much happier with the new house.  In Houston I had hardwood floors
and vinyl most everywhere.  With his limited hind leg use, he had a lot of
trouble getting around.  Well, there is carpet almost everywhere here and he
runs like a maniac!  Several times he danced up and attacked my feet
tonight, biting the **** out of my toes.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all the fuzzies out there, and also with
all their human caretakers.

Mo' Maggie and the Laughing Crew