From:
"D. Elliott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 11:28:44 -0700
I believe a few of you are guilty of "selective reading." I do believe I
clearly state I WOULD NEVER PUT MY FERRET IN ANY DANGER.  I have tried
EVERYTHING EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING, ok.  I have been to the Problem
Ferrets site, I have read the books, the magazines, and the posts.  Every
other avenue had been exhausted and none of it worked.  Rio does not bite
when I reach for her, when I hold her, when I wake her from sleeping, or
when we are playing.  Rio bites when she feels like it, usually after about
a half an hour of free roam.  She sniffs for about 2 seconds and then
latches on and shakes her head.  She usually targets my wrists and lower
arms, though she likes the taste of just about any piece of skin.  She
draws blood EVERY TIME.  Rio has no health problems, she is not deaf or
blind, and she is well taken care of.  As I said before, all other avenues
were exhausted, and a new ferret owner with a brand new ferret should not
use this method.  And any ferret owner who doesn't want to use this method
should not use it.  Yes, it is harsh, but in this case it is the only thing
that worked.  And yes, I would do it again if necessary because she is MY
ferret, I have to endure the scabs, and I'm just not damaging the ferret by
punishing her.  This is not flaming, it is simply once again stating the
case and its circumstances, as well as my position on how I resolved it.
This is absolutely the last time I will address it on the FML, so don't
waste your time (or BIG's) by trying to debate it anymore.

Thanks to all of you who have cheered for my victory over the "Attacker."

Sincerely,
Deziree