From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:35:51 -0500
>From:    "C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Door Buddies Toy Concerns
>
>David Schroeder raises some interesting and timely points concerning the
>"Door Buddies" toy.  I make it a point to watch Loki like a hawk when
>he plays with it.  (Well, who could resist watching a battle like that
>anyway)?  Removing the eyes, ears, and nose is certainly a good
>precaution, and one I intend to act on immediately.  I'll continue watch
>him, though, and remove the toy from the door when he's finished playing
>with it because that cord still bothers me if he was left to play with
>it unattended.  I also want to be sure that he doesn't rip it open and
>expose the catnip.

I bought a toy a couple of years ago that was what your door buddy sounds
like, a catnip filled mouse attached to a round elastic cord.  I tied it
to the top of the cage so it just reached the top floor.  I heard a noise
and dashed to the cage to find that my little girl had hanged herself.
She flipped the mouse around so that it made a knot around her neck and
in fighting it had fallen thru the hole that the ramp went thru, around
the ramp and down thru the hole in the middle floor.  I grabbed her and
my wife grabbed her scissors.  We cut her loose and watched as she started
breathing again.  If we hadn't been home or even had been at the other end
of the house, we would have lost out little girl.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you've ever hit a jukebox with a cue stick.