From:
Jenna Leigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:50 -0800
I know I'm starting to stretch it now, but since I got such good responses
on the last question, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask another.  I don't
suppose anyone who lives in the area is familiar with the independent
housing options available near the Art Institute of Seattle, or at least
close to a bus station...?  My dad and I have an ongoing argument over this
looming situation.  He expects me to live in a dorm room and to leave my
ferret here at home in the care of my mother and teenage brother.  But both
of them are almost entirely ignorant about ferrets.  They wouldn't be
willing to give her the kind of care and attention she'd need.  In fact,
I'm concerned that they might inadvertently forget her entirely.  That is
just not an option, in my mind.  But I have no one else to leave her to
either, and frankly, I'd be extremely and perhaps dangerously lonely
without her.  So I am trying to find out if there is any affordable
independent housing in the area which, of course, also allows pets.  As I
said before, I've yet to call the Institute itself and see what I can learn
from them, as well as a few other places I have in mind.  But I wanted to
also ask people who would really understand my dilemma.  Any feedback is
appreciated.  Thanks a lot.