Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:47:20 EDT
Hi There,
I go through the same thing all the time!  My Father likes to make jokes
about feeding them to his Cats.  Well, that was until he realized Our Cats
like to play with our Ferrets.  I just ignore him.  I know he really truly
does like them.  When I turn my back I usually catch a glimpse of my Dad
making kissie faces at them!  :o)

I've also had people come over and mention that they think Ferrets are the
nastiest creatures alive.  I then ask them, Have you ever held a Ferret?
Have you ever even been in the same room with one?  Usually everytime I ask
those questions the answer is NO.  Then they try to get themselves out of
the hole they dug themselves in.  Heeheehe I then get out one my Ferrets
and stick it in their arms.  (Providing the human is not sick)  They then
quickly fall in love.  I of course do my best to educated them on Ferrets.
People might come in not liking or knowing anything about Ferts but they
always leave liking them and knowing more then they did.  I'm not saying
I'm an expert or anything but I do what I can to help in giving Ferrets a
positive reputation, rather then the bad one they tend to have. :o)

Don't feel bad, though.  I know it's hard not too.  Next time if they come
over just gently ask if they know anything about or like Ferrets.  Then
educate them. :o)  Take care!

Lots of Dooks,
Toni