From:
Roger Mcmillian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1993 22:58:17 -0400
>From the Greater Chicago Ferret Association (GCFA).

        NEWS FLASH!
        Shelter Arrivals exceed 1400!
        Noah sails in on the day of the flood marking # 1401!
        Due to the resignation of our Shelter Director in April, we are now
under new management. We invite you, our friends and members, to our Shelter
Open House on Sunday, August 1st from 1 to 4 P.M.
        Our new management will continue to follow the same rigid standards
under which the GCFA shelter was originally established.
        The purpose of the shelter is to take in stray and unwanted ferrets as
outlined in the shelter policy manual, and to medically, physically and
humanely care for them until homes are found for them, either through
adoption
or through the foster care program.
        Our policies and practices will continue to reflect our concern for
the welfare and well-being of the ferrets in our care.
        The GCFA belongs to you, our members. Please feel free to ask any
questions or voice your concerns to any of the GCFA board members or shelter
volunteers.

SPECIAL NOTE

        REMEMBER -  Our June General Meeting will be on Friday, June 25th.
Special guest speaker Dr. Susan Erdman from M.I.T. will talk to us concerning
causes and ways to prevent lymphoma in ferrets.
        P.S. Due to the Downer's Grove Heritage Fest, it is advisable to come
a bit early to secure a parking spot.

For further information or directions to the meeting call (708) 964-4232

--
Routed via the Great Lakes FidoNet Gateway
Indianapolis, USA [royaljok.fidonet.org]