Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:46:34 +0800
>Is Cystine found in say rabbit carcas at as high a rate as in American
>ferret kibble?  Generally speaking, are all the amino acids found in mice
>and rabbit the same as found in our kibble.  Does cystine and the other
>amino acids found in our kibble come purely from the chicken by product?
>Or is Cystine, et al, something added to kibble?

hi Wolfy,

Heres a great link for learning about the composition of some foods:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Type in (eg) "rabbit raw", leave the measurement on 100g (so most of the
values will be a %).  Amino acids are at the bottom of the list.

Unfortunately, mice aren't counted as food by the USDA, so I'm not sure
of their values!

Does anyone have access to similar information about the composition of
any kibbles?

 (:
shona